Subject: OT: Optical drives
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Hufnagel <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2001 18:18:20
I have two optical drives here, free if anyone wants them.

#1 is a PLI Infinity 270 Turbo S, Centronics-50 SCSI
connectors on back.  Not sure if it works, and I don't
have any cartridges to test it with, but its a ZIP sized
optical cartridge.

#2 is a CSC-branded Tahiti-style optical drive, I believe
its 300MB per side of an optical cartridge (Tahiti-1 I think
the drive is)...  5-1/4" optical cartridges.
I don't have any of these cartridges either, but I'm pretty
certain that this drive was working when the guys in the
graphics department stopped using it.

Probably not useful unless you already have one of either
of these and are looking for a spare.  Last I recall (several
years now) the cartridges were like $100 a pop for either of
these, which in this day an age of writable CD's is aufully
expensive.

Pete