Subject: Re: Compaq IPAQ IA-1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2001 12:46:18
In message <200112251841.KAA01280@gulag.araneus.fi>, Andreas Gustafsson writes:
>Peter Seebach writes:
>> 1.  You *MUST* turn off "USB Legacy Keyboard" in the BIOS.
>
>How does one get into the BIOS on the IA-1?  I read somewhere that
>pressing the "compaq" key on the wireless keyboard during boot should
>do it, but I can't get it to work - all I get is a "keyboard error"
>message.

Right - you have to have reset the CMOS first, by shorting the CMOS jumpers
for at least 60 seconds.  I think you may have to plug the unit in once while
the jumpers are shorted, *then* give it 60 seconds.

Then, you still get the keyboard error message, but it should go into the
BIOS and ask what language you want to use.

-s