Subject: Recommendation on NetBSD desktop
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Hussain Ali <sha3134@oak.njit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/2001 16:38:25
Hello all,

I'm planning a new NetBSD machine and would like any feedback possible.
Here are the components currently on my list:

Motherboard:	Gigabyte GA-7DXR ( how well is the Promise ATA100 Raid
working with netbsd?) OR Abit KR7A-RAID/DDR VIA KT266A chip

Processor:	AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Case:		Antec SX1040B
Storage:	Maxtor

Video:		any recomendations on video card/monitor ( I am looking
for a flat monitor, I also would like 3d)

I'd appriciate any pointers suggestions anyone may have. So if you have
praise for, or dislike, any of the above products please let me know.

Thanks all for your time and happy holidays.

-hussain