Subject: Re: NetBSD /X11R6/network settings
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: -P.Chase <paypachase@collegeclub.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2001 07:36:52
------=_Part_743_713565.1008776213629

after installing the core netbsd sets, i added the X11R6 sets with the boot floppy ftp utility. the packages installed but X wouldnt start  fatal error: 'cant find mouse no such file or directory'. i toyed with the settings to get it to recognize the mouse but no luck. and i triedthe xf86config but still no mouse. the mouse is a two button model with an old style serial? port connector which is plugged in com1 so i have the path as /dev/com1. any suggestions? also the net settings which allowed me to use the ftp utility to dowload the x sets dont appear to work after a harddisk boot. the system configured fine with the floppy boot and asked me if those were the settings i wanted to use in normal operation to which i replied yes. it did add the hostname to the computer successfully but unless i ifconfig ep0 after i boot from hard disk its not on the network. (rc_config=YES) how do i get the settings to be made permanent and accessible thru a hard drive boot? thanx.
-P.

Jingle Your Bells on CollegeClub.com!
Flash e-Cardz, Holiday Gift Guide, articles and more!
<http://navisite.collegeclub.com/channels/holiday>

------=_Part_743_713565.1008776213629--