Subject: RE: SiS 630E audio support?
To: Brian Gregor <bgregor@BUPHY.bu.edu>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2001 12:46:07
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Brian Gregor wrote:
> I'll try the 4Front driver, since I am using 1.5.2.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. My 1.5.2 kernel panics upon

> The onboard SiS 900 is working ok so far, with the exception
> of NFS.

So do you get a valid MAC address? Does it match the one returned by
Windows (if you wish to run such things on your hardware)? On my machine,
FreeBSD gets it right, OpenBSD gets it wrong (wrong MAC address) and
NetBSD gets it _very_ wrong (all zeros). With my patch, NetBSD gets it
right, but for seemingly different reasons (there are three different
methods of determining MAC address and different ones _appear_ to work on
different OSes which is barmy).

Jason, as the original author of if_sip.c, could you have a look at
PR#14655?

> I'll look into the PRs regarding the NFS problems,
> and send one in if there isn't one that matches what it does.

Are your NFS problems similar to mine, I wonder? See my posting:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2001/11/29/0003.html

--
Stephen