Subject: 1.5.3 kernel problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2001 10:01:24
Hi!

I used "cvs update -dP -rnetbsd-1-5" to fetch the latest 1.5.* code,
tarred everything and copied the tar file to my laptop and desktop pc.

I performed "make build" on both hosts and rebuilt new kernels.
The desktop pc works just fine after upgrade and reboot.

But the laptop (HP Omnibook 4150) won't boot, the kernel causes
a reboot (like pressing the reset button) in the early phases of
kernel execution. The kernel doesn't even manage to print those
"green kernel messages" to the console. I have tried with GENERIC
and custom kernels and it's always the same result.

Any ideas what might be wrong? An older 1.5.3_ALPHA kernel from November
works just fine...

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>      NetBSD - No media hype