Subject: Triones/Highpoint HPT366 IDE Controller problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bri <itai@replic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2001 03:19:38
 I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the HPT366 controller
under NetBSD(1.5.x series) causing corrupt data transfers and IDE timeouts
and negotiations to lower UDMA speeds or if it's an issue with the perticular
implimentation of it on my motherboard (Soyo 6BA+IV.) It seemed work fine
when I used it under Windows 9x.

 If anyone wonders, I've tried about 3 ATA-66/100 compliant 80 wire 40 pin
cables (1 brand new) all with the same results. These drives are
perfectley stable on the built-in BX IDE controller.

 Also, if anyone has found a cause and fix for this, I'd be curious.

Thanks

-Bri
itai at replic d0t net