Subject: Re: IA-1 "refurbished" units
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2001 13:23:37
> Performance is tolerable for a "toy system"; it took about an hour to build
> lynx (including gmake, libslang, and libtool), and it got about 8MB into
> swap space in the process - but in its defense, I had screen and ssh running
> at the time.  If I'd been running on console, it probably would have been
> quite a bit faster, especially if I'd been able to hint that gcc should always
> do -pipe.  (A lot of time goes into putting temporary files on an NFS-mounted
> /tmp.)

From
http://www.compaqfactoryoutlet.com/cwstore/templates/products/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1000&sku=A78358%2D001&warehouse%5Fid=TINT

``1. MSN Companion service charge of $9.95 per month applies for "Use Your
Own ISP" program. May not work with all ISPs, including AOL. 2.
$21.95/month for subscription, beginning in 7th month, no obligation.''

Do you have to register?  Or are you "evading" the monthly subscription
fee?

Ben