Subject: Re: auvia weird skipping?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2001 06:40:13
--- Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:
> So, my IPAQ has an auvia audio chipset, and it
> mostly works, but if I play
> a few songs on it, eventually it starts skipping
> oddly; it still makes
> forwards progress, but the sound gets all choppy,
> perhaps as though it were
> writing the audio buffers in the wrong order?
>
> Anyone else seen this an an auvia?

Yeah, mine does that. I have an ECS K7VZA with the
auvia sound built in. I noticed that it only does that
under heavy load for me, and I think it also relates
to disk activity. Not sure, maybe I could do some more
testing... I run setiathome all the time and when I
kill it I think the "skipping" normally goes away.

This doesn't happen under Whimdows.

Andy