Subject: Re: Intel Chipset
To: sfalken <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2001 16:36:25
On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:09:40PM -0800, sfalken wrote:

> > You miss the agpgart device file - do (as root)
> >
> > mknod /dev/agp0 c 82 0
> > ln -s /dev/agp0 /dev/agpgart
> >
> Ok, seems to be getting marginally better, now I get the "Intel Unknown
> Chipset" message, same as before, but now I get a new line
> (--) SVGA: unable to open /dev/agpgart: Device not configured
>
> exactly how do I go about configuring it?
>
>               --Shawn

Shouldn't the aperture driver be running xf86_mod_install to create
the script?  Well, actually modload should be running the script when
it loads the aperture LKM.
e.g. /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/aperture/INSTALL:
Add the following line to /etc/lkm.conf:

    ${PREFIX}/lkm/xf86.o    - -  ${PREFIX}/lkm/xf86_mod_install - AFTERMOUNT

    and set:

lkm=YES

in /etc/rc.conf.  Then, reboot your system.

So you should have the following in /etc/lkm.conf:
/usr/pkg/lkm/xf86.o - - /usr/pkg/lkm/xf86_mod_install - AFTERMOUNT

Since the device number of the LKM may change, you can't manually create
the device, you have to let the install script create it.

-Andrew