Subject: Re: Intel Chipset
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: sfalken <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2001 15:23:56
> You can try the XF86Config and XF86_SVGA server at
> ftp://ftp.antioche.eu.org/pub/bouyer/tmp/
> On my i810 I don't need the kernel module, but this is bios-dependant.
>
> If you need it the kernel module is in pkgsrc, in sysutils/aperture

Ok, so I grabbed the Config and Xserver from your ftp, and installed the
aperture package, and reboot, the aperture module loads up just fine,
everything is groovy.

I 'startx' and it dies, reporting the following message.

(--) SVGA: PCI: Intel Unknown Chipset (0x1132) rev 2, Memory @ 0xf8000000,
0xffa8000
(--) SVGA: Stat failed on /dev/agpgart: no suck file or directory

Fatal Server Error:
Couldn't get memory from gart module
and I810_UNSUPPORTED_GTT_FALLBACK not set.

Any Ideas where I'm going wrong at??  (Incidentally, it doesn't work without
the aperture module either, so I'm at a loss here.)

               --Shawn