Subject: Re: VMware
To: None <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
From: Urban Boquist <boquist@crt.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/2001 11:46:10
>>>>> James Tuman Nelson writes:

James> I am interested in this vmware package.  How well does it work
James> running on NetBSD?

It seems that you need some luck for it to work well. I'm running
Windows98 inside VMware on my NetBSD-current laptop and it works
extremely well. On the other hand I'm seeing the same "frequent
pauses" problem that others have reported when I run the same thing on
another machine...

So i guess you should just try it, and see if you're lucky! ;-)

James> Would it allow installation of Windows NT on a separate drive?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. VMware can use "raw disks" but it
has also a very handy concept of "virtual disks" that translate over
to a single NetBSD file. You can install entirely in a virtual disk,
no need to risk messing with the raw disk.

Regards,

        -- Urban