Subject: Re: New ESS Allegro-1 / Maestro3 driver
To: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/06/2001 17:37:59
On Thu Dec 06 2001 at 15:08:35 +0100, Christoph Kaegi wrote:
> On 2001.12.06 14:33, Antti Kantee wrote:
> > Do you have sound working are suspend+resume also? I never could figure
> > out do I did wrong, although I think I do exactly the same things as the
> > linux and FreeBSD drivers (where sound after suspend is rumoured to be
> > working). FWIW, mine is dell c600 also.
>
> I never suspend/resume. The Notebook usually runs for a week and
> is shutdown to take it home over the weekend sometimes.
>
> What would I have to do, in order to test that? New Kernel? apmd?
> Never had a closer look to suspend/resume magic. But I you tell me exactly
> what to test, I can do this for you.

Well, I can test it myself also, I was merely wondering if you'd solved
the problem. No point in testing before the problem is solved ;)

My current (non-working) patches are available for anyone who wants to
tell what's wrong with them. They need a little cleanup, but if someone
wants to look at them, drop me a note.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/