Subject: Re: IBM Microdrive not detected
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <sborrill@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2001 20:00:09
On Wed 05 Dec, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:12:01PM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> > I've a IGB Microdrive in a PCMCIA carrier. I've plugged it into the laptop
> > and it's detected in Windows. Under NetBSD it doesn't see it at all. I
> > believe it should just be viewed as an extra HD.
>
> It should. Did you try playing with BIOS options about pcmcia/cardbus,

There aren't any...

THere's only PNP OS and that makes no difference.

> and GENERIC instead of GENERIC_CARDBUS ?

No change with GENERIC.

Also, I can confirm that the following is in the config:
	wdc*   at pcmcia? function ?

However, upon ripping apart on old PowerBook, I found another couple of
PCMCIA devices (TDK modem and Dayna Ethernet). Neither of these are listed or
probed. However, as I said originally, devices are recongnised under Windows,
so it's not hardware.

Therefore the problem is to do with PCMCIA on a SiS 630E chipset and is not
related to the IBM microdrive. I don't know where to start with solving this
though.

--
Dr. Stephen Borrill