Subject: Re: Help with X for Diamond Stealth III S540
To: None <lymantok@pacbell.net>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/2001 02:47:09
Until a program crash under WinME blew away the partition table, MBR, and
the beginning of the disk, I had a Stealth III S540 (as reported by the
card on the screen when X11 started up) running as the second display.

It defaulted to a grey background.  My .xinitrc had the following to get a
prettier display and a window manager running:

xsetroot -display mymachine:0.1 -solid cyan

mwm -display mymachine:0.1 &

followed with the window manager for the console screen:

mwm

At 10:27 AM 11/22/2001 +0000, lymantok@pacbell.net wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been unable to get my diamond stealth III s540 card to work on
>Xwindows with netbsd 1.5.2. I get a blank grey screen when executing
>startx.
>
>I see the supported cards list does not have it listed
>(http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html), but the x86config utility has
>it in the database. I did not modify any of the settings
>configured by x86config.
>
>Does anyone have the stealth III s540 card
>working? Any pointers please? Thx.
>I hope so for your sake commander. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am...

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!