Subject: Supported USB Drive?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/2001 08:34:00
My BUSlink USB hard drive won't do for NetBSD because, alas, NetBSD says this
when I plug it in...

Nov 22 20:00:21 gus /netbsd: ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
Nov 22 20:00:21 gus /netbsd:
Nov 22 20:00:21 gus /netbsd: ugen0: Prolific Technology Inc. ATAPI-4
Bridge Controller, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

When I reported this on netbsd-help, Lennart wrote in reply...

> I'm afraid your disk uses some proprietary protocol so there's no support >
> for it in NetBSD.

So I'm on a quest for a USB hard drive that WILL work for BOTH NetBSD and
Win2K on i386. Does anybody have certain knowledge of such a beast? I mean
like, you have one and KNOW that it works? I'll go buy it and chuck the
BUSlink off on my poor sister.

Thanks,

Gan in Kalamazoo