Subject: Re: Internal Modem Device
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/2001 14:32:04
On Sunday, November 11, 2001, at 01:41  pm, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:45:48AM +0000, Matthew wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am trying to access the internal modem in this computer I have, it is
>> an ISA one, and is not a winmodem. I would like to know which /dev/tty*
>> device I need to use to access it.
>>
>> The dmesg reports:
>>
>> isapnp0: <SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl, SUP2171, SUP2040, > port 0x3e8/8
>> irq
>> 4 not configured
>>
>> Could someone tell me which device file it will be under?
>
> For now the kernel didn't find a driver for it. Make sure you have
> com*    at isapnp?
> in your kernel config file, and then it should appear as com2 I guess.

Ah, that line was commented out, I must have thought I wouldn't need the
modem!

So I'm rebuilding the kernel now, assuming this all goes to plan, which
device file with it be under; /dev/tty02 ? (I mainly use NetBSD/mac68k
so I'm a little unfamiliar with all this com port stuff...)

> If this is not enouth you need to add an entry for it in
> sys/dev/isapnp/isapnpdevs
> (something like
> devlogic        com     SUP2171         0       SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl
> )
> and then run 'make -f Makefile.isapnpdevs' and rebuild kernel.

But assuming the above works I won't need to do this, right?

Thanks for the help!

~ Matthew