Subject: Re: System crash with -current and XFree86
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/08/2001 07:45:24
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no> writes:

> Updating to -current as of 2001-11-06, my system consistently crashes
> the second time the graphical use of the console is initialized.

...so I post the above in the afternoon, and the next morning, a
message is waiting for me from Lennart Augustsson, saying that someone
named Enami has found and fixed a bug in the wsmouse code, and could I
please test it?  I update the code in /sys/dev/wscons, build a kernel,
and sure enough, it's fixed.  You can color me impressed!

Of course, it's really no more than I've come to expect from the
NetBSD developer community.  :-)

-tih
--
Puritanism -- the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.