Subject: Re: Dual boot NetBSD and Linux
To: Tobias Anderberg <tobias.anderberg@axis.com>
From: None <kml@selresearch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/2001 11:01:48
In message <Pine.LNX.4.33.0111060901030.15036-100000@fafner.axis.se>,
Tobias Anderberg writes:

>Maybe I've suffered from temporary blindness or something, but I've
>spent the entire morning searching netbsd.org and various other
>resources for information on howto dual boot NetBSD and Linux.
>
>I tried the fdisk -i -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel; fdisk -B, but although
>they both appear in boot menu, I'm unable to boot the Linux partition.

This works for me under -current.  I suspect (but cannot confirm)
that it worked fine for me under 1.5.2.  IIRC, I did have to do the
fdisk -B a few times to get it all happy.

What happens when you try to boot?  Which version of Linux are you
trying to boot?  I've had success with both RedHat and SuSe.

Good luck,

Kevin
kml@selresearch.net