Subject: Re: partially OT: reading EPROM/FLASH image
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/2001 16:18:16
Hi,

IIRC the modern boards that support 2MB flash roms (and I thought
it were 2MBit) ususally make use of it. There are emergency setups
that let you boot from floppy and reflash in case the Bios update
process failed, as well as software reaid functionality and I have
one board that supports tty controlling of the Bios setup, POST and
boot process. Newer Bios update files with up to 250KB have been
seen. Be careful.

I do not know how to do it anyway.

mike