Subject: vi broken currently?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2001 20:03:29
--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

Finally got my 1.5Y userland built. But, um, this is odd:

grappa:~% ls -l foo                                                        =
 [7]
ls: foo: No such file or directory
grappa:~% vi foo                                                           =
 [8]
[immediately :q]
vi in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
[...]

That certainly didn't happen with my 1.5W userland, but I can't
quite tell whether it's the result of changes to vi (most recently
on 10/20, seems like someone would have noticed by now) or more
recently to libc, or maybe (and least likely) because I'm using
*only* compat I686_CPU on what's actually an AMD Thunderbird?

I guess I can build myself a copy of vi with debugging symbols and
walk through this (or, hell, link it against electric fence). But
it's not how I want to spend my Friday night if someone else has
already done some of that work...

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA