Subject: help setting up a modem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon <jons@dotnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/2001 19:27:04
Hi, I am looking for someone who has a bit of experience setting up a modem on NetBSD (version 1.5.2 would be best!)

And then connecting that to an ISP

I am new to NetBSD and reletively new to Unix.

So I need someone who would be willing to get me started and help me through to the end.

Some info...

My machine runs NetBSD 1.5.2, on the i386 port
My modem is an external modem, I have it connected to the only 9pin port on the back of the machine it is not labelled as com 0 or com1 or com anything!

My kernal recognizes 2 com ports - 0 and 1 (see attached dmesg file)

I don't know which it is using.

I have got from other users that my device should be either dty00 or tty00.

I have tried to test using the cu command. SOmeone told me to try - cu --line /dev/dty00 --speed 9600
When I do this it comes up with a message saying connected, but I can't seem to make it understand an AT commands.

When I try to add --phone {number} it reports back No matching ports.

So there is my problem, anyone out there think they can help me?

Thanks