Subject: Re: IPNAT - problem with difference between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/2001 19:42:50
On Thu, Nov 01 2001 at 12:15:28 -0600, Jon wrote:
> See attached ipnat.conf file
>
> This is from a friend of mine who is running netbsd 1.5.1. He has no problems.
>
> I changed it very slightly (his network is 192.168.0.? mine is 192.168.1.?)
>
> Anyone see any problems with it, on boot I get
>
> Installing NAT rules ... 0 entries flushed from the NAT table
> ": syntax error in "
> ": syntax error in "
Where do all those "|" come from?

> It must be an issue because I am running 1.5.2
no

> What is the problem?
The file you've attached has DOS-style CRLF line endings, but ipnat doesn't
like such weird files and wants the usual LFs.

Maybe the file got f*cked up by broken software (mailer?) when you moved it
from one box to the other...

> What do I need to do to run it with the new version?
you can use

cp /etc/ipnat.conf tmp
tr -d \\r < tmp > /etc/ipnat.conf
rm tmp

to remove the CRs from the file
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.