Subject: Need an INSTALL_SMALL 1.5.2 kernel
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/31/2001 11:04:22
My new HP Pavilion 7960 has a USB keyboard as the only keyboard
option.  The generic kernel doesn't work with the keyboard.  Before the
kernel loads I can hit return, esc, etc.  After the kernel is up and the
sysinst screen is on screen the keyboard is dead.

The install_small disks worked for booting and installing NetBSD-1.5.2 but
I can't figure out how to get the kernel out of the floppy image;
therefore, the only kernel on my hard drive is the generic kernel that
disables the keyboard.

If some kind soul running 1.5.2 on a i386 architecture could send me an
INSTALL_SMALL kernel, I could shove it onto wd0a and then build my
own.  Thanks for any help ...