Subject: Re: Is Blue Lightning and IIT FPU supported
To: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/30/2001 18:30:15
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 03:42:38AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
> I've got this OEM box made by IBM laying around. It's a bit of an odd beast,
> since it's got a Blue Lightning processor as well as an IIT  XC87DLC-33 FPU.

I don't know much about things like this, but the netbsd/pc98 (a port
branching off of i386 to support the NEC PC98's) has a kernel option to
enable the cache on a "Blue Lightning."

# BLUELIGHTNING enables cpu cache for IBM BlueLightning 486SLC2/SX3.
#
#options        BLUELIGHTNING   # BlueLightning 486SLC2/SX3 cache enable

Specifically, I use this option with IBM486SLC2 and Cx87SLC co-processor.
It works fine.  I don't know of an English site.  If Japanese is okay, you
might start at:

	http://www.hf.rim.or.jp/~ohishi/unix/netbsd.html

henry nelson