Subject: Re: modem, pppd
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/30/2001 01:18:13
It's been a while since I've done dialup, so forgive me if some of this is
inaccurate.

As for the username and password, put it in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets (assuming
your PPP connection authenticates with PAP) in the following format:

username	*	password

make sure /etc/ppp/pap-secrets is owned by root, and mode 0644, or else pppd
will barf.

the option you want to make pppd ignore CD would be local.

ie. in the isp file,
/dev/tty00 38400 crtscts local
netmask 255.255.255.255
persist noauth nolog defaultroute
noproxyarp
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/peers/chat-isp'

give that a try, and tell me if it helps.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                       Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 aka dive-o