Subject: me again - problem with dhcpd problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon <jons@dotnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/2001 21:52:16
Well I got my dns server going, now I want dhcp on the same machine.

I have a friend who has a similar set up and his works and mine doesn't

I am running netbsd 1.5.2 and I have in the rc.conf file

dhcpd=YES
dhcpd_flags="-q tlp0"

When I boot and it comes to the process is comes up with some blurb.
and when I do ps auxw it doesn't show.

So I read the man pages and found the -q is supposed to remove the copyright, which is the only thing I( can think the blurb is.

I can't catch the top of it but the is a big message about not sending requests for help to the authors, send it to the mailing list.
I don't know if there is an error in my dhcpd.conf file but I is very similar to my firends which work so I am confident about that. I created a blank dhcpd.leases file in
the right place.

I see my firned has a .pid file, I do not but I think that is created by the process.

I read in the manual pages about logging but I was confused, it says it writes it to the syslog but I don't know how to veiw this.

Can someone tell me how to see the whole message, hopefully there is an error at the top.

Also I can't get anything to run if I do it from the command line, even just dhcpd.

Thanks