Subject: Mount logical drive inside extended partition
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/2001 04:45:05
The NetBSD/i386 FAQs don't consider the mounting of logical drives
inside extended partitions (only primary partitions).

How can I define a label for logical dirves inside extended
partitions? The source of the size/offset is not the problem
(Partition Magic), but how I tell NetBSD to assign a letter to these
logical drives.

I tried different approaches after a search for this subject on the
NetBSD site, but none was succeful. Syaing mbrlabel even messed up my
system to such an extend that a reboot was necessary.

Any help would be appriciated!

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu