Subject: Kernel Compile Failure (The saga continues......)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Shawn Dunn <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/2001 06:36:10
Ok folks,
    After the last episode, where the build failed with an eror about
'keyboard' not being defined in ioconf.c, I managed to get that one bashed
out, and it compiled, just not with support for the devices I need. So I
unpacked syssrc again, and just started fresh, new config and everything.
So I get it all configg'ed, and it doesn't choke on ioconf.c, and I left it
happily compiling away when I went to bed last night, and lo and behold,
this morning, I have an error:

rm -f netbasd
ld -Ttext c0100000 -e start -X -0 netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
if_vlan.o: In function 'vlan_set_promisc' :
if_vlan.o(.text+0x3f7): undefined reference to 'ifpromisc'
of_vlan.o(.text+0x41e): undefined reference to 'ifpromisc'
*** Error Code 1

Stop.
#

Anybody have any ideas where I oughta start tracking this little snafu down
at??

                          --SF