Subject: Re: Thinkpad 600X and NetBSD-1.5.2 iso-cd
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/2001 12:18:05
On 23 Oct 2001, Laine Stump wrote:

: Some time ago someone suggested that the NetBSD boot image should be
: split into two 1.44MB images or something, but I again I don't think
: anything was ever done.

Not yet, unfortunately.

The idea is to make a filesystem that fits in 1.44MB, probably by
following the sparc "microroot" example:  a kernel with minimal tools on
the floppy image, and a gzipped tarfile of the real / filesystem on the ISO
side (put into a chroot mfs area).  I'm hoping to see this available by 1.6;
if no one else gets to it, I'll do the work when my plate becomes less full.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/