Subject: Re: Old POS 486
To: Shawn Dunn <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/2001 09:22:10
Many times a NIC will be "ne2k compatible", but it will work better if you
use the native interface for its chipset.  You don't happen to have a
webcam to tape a snapshot of the NIC with do you?

As for the CD-ROM, you might try uncommenting
#mcd0   at isa? port 0x300 irq 10       # Mitsumi CD-ROM drives
but I have no idea whether that will work.. even if your soundcard has a
Mitsumi-style controller, it may have different io/irq settings.

I've never used an AztechLabs Nova16 and don't know anything about it.

Good luck,

Ben