Subject: Re: ISDN log messages
To: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/2001 00:33:01
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Christoph Kaegi wrote:

> On all my NetBSD Systems which have ISDN (usually 1.5 or 1.5.1 systems
> with patched-in I4B) I get the following log messages:
>
> > Oct 21 14:59:09 dinhard /netbsd: isp2: ipcp illegal up in state req-sent
>
> ISDN is working without problems but nonetheless I would like
> to know why these messages appear and what they mean.

I get the same messages (along with the ipv6 equivalents), but they seem
pretty harmless. I'd be interested to see if the same messages appear in
-current.

I'm afraid I don't know what causes them. If you're interested, a quick
read of the source might throw some light on it?

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget