Subject: Re: top question
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/2001 03:36:00
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:33:20AM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> In a nutshell, the memory usage accounting for the system processes is
> busted.  Just ignore it for those processes.

While I understand that this discussion may live better in tech-kern,
I don't think Amit's question is without merit... will top ever
learn how to grok kernel thread's memory usage? What part of UVM is
confusing it?

It's one of those fairly basic tools of system administration which
your average non-coder sysadmin (however misguided such a concept
may be) relies upon...

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK