Subject: Re: CMD Technology PCI0649 RAID not working on NetBSD-1.52
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/2001 21:18:28
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:

> Every Mylex card I've ever run into can be configured just fine using
> only the onboard BIOS.

Since the IBM ServeRAID was being discussed: do you (or does anyone
else) happen to know how to get a non-IBM RAID controller to work in
an IBM computer?  We've tried everything we could think of to get the
IBM X330 and X340 to actually run the boot-time BIOS code in other
controllers, but we've yet to find a non-IBM PCI card of any type that
the damn things are willing to recognize.  Using Intel network cards,
I even have to disable the check for an on-card BIOS, because the IBM
boxes decide that there's a checksum failure in what they believe to
be a ROM of size 0 bytes.

-tih
--
Puritanism -- the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.