Subject: Re: Adaptek 2940UW w/athlon
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Polk <kent@goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/2001 21:42:03
On 18 Oct 2001 14:20:01 -0500, Dan Melomedman wrote:
> This brings up another question. On my Athlon motherboard (DFI AK76-SN), all
> IRQs above 9 want to be shared, the BIOS simply wants them shared, and the
> CMOS config does not have means to disable IRQ sharing (there are plenty of
> spare IRQs below IRQ9). It was said Windows deals with this with ACPI by
> reassigning IRQs to devices after boot. It's possible the mobo manufacturer
> simply assumed all of us will be running Windows, and did not provide any
> configs in CMOS setup for dealing with shared IRQs. My older ASUS P5A
> motherboard never had IRQ sharing problems, and by default BIOS wasn't
> sharing them, in addition the CMOS setup had a configuration menu for per
> slot IRQ assignments. That said, does your motherboard share IRQs? If it
> does, that might as well be your answer, since sharing IRQs should lower
> performance.

uhci0: interrupting at irq 11
uhci1: interrupting at irq 11
auvia0: interrupting at irq 10
ahc1: interrupting at irq 11
ex0: interrupting at irq 10
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378-0x37b irq 7
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2

So it only shares with usb devices, of which I have none. Would
that still affect performance (are the usb drivers still servicing
interrupts for ahc1)?