Subject: Off the wall HDC question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/2001 11:03:16
Does anyone out there have any low-level documentation, or can point me to some, on the old Western Digital MFM, RLL, ESDI disk controllers?  Not jumper settings, etc, I'm looking for more like low-level programming info, specifically something that would tell you how to low-level format a drive (w/o the BIOS on the board).

Either that, or docs on the WD chipsets used on these boards.  The board I'm specifically interested in is the WD7000 which is an ESDI/SCSI combo.  The docs I have give a bunch of info on programming the SCSI side, but nothing on the ESDI side.

???   -- Pete