Subject: Re: NetBSD-current: kernel compile error
To: None <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/14/2001 10:35:32
Bill Sommerfeld wrote
> Quoting from /usr/src/UPDATING:
>
> 20010803:
> 	(i386 only): i386 kernel now uses new instructions like fxsave which
> 	old gas doesn't understand.  To build the kernel successfuly, you
> 	need to build and install new gas (gnu/usr.bin/gas.new).

Thanks all for you reply. I've tried manual updating of system
utilities, but this didn't work. So did a complete rebuilt from
yesterdays current sources.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes