Subject: Re: c compilers
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2001 14:31:13
[ On Saturday, October 13, 2001 at 14:02:18 (+0200), Wojciech Puchar wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: c compilers
>
> > > This hierarchy is the distribution for lcc version 4.1.
> > > Chris Fraser / cwfraser@microsoft.com
> > > David Hanson / drh@microsoft.com
> > > is it joke?
> >
> > No, but I think lcc existed before Microsoft hired them.

LONG before.

> still not good.

Some of the very best and brightest computer science researchers work
for Microsoft.  All that says is M$ is able to afford to hire them and
to keep them happy doing what they do best.  Although actual products
and code they create may never see public release, their research itself
will almost always still be published.  It's no different than Exxon
hiring the best and brightest chemists, or AT&T hiring the best and
brightest physicists, etc.

--
							Greg A. Woods