Subject: Re: IBM keyboard support
To: Amit Kulkarni <amitkulz@hotmail.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/2001 15:30:04
--wRokNccIwvMzawGl

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 12:45:15PM -0500, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> I have a IBM RapidAccess keyboard with 104 keys.
> It has 2 keys,back & forward which I use frequently during surfing.
> They are on either side of the arrow keys.
>=20
> http://www.epinions.com/cmhd-Keyboards-All-IBM_104-key_Rapid_Access_II_Ke=
yboard
>=20
> Is there a driver for that in NetBSD-current ? If not how do I go about w=
riting
> a driver for that?
> I have currently configured it as 105 key /dev/wsmouse0

Play with xkeycaps (pkgsrc/x11/xkeycaps) to create an xmodmap and
bind them to whatever the keyboard shortcut for forward and back is
in your browser.

> P.S - Small characters in a email aren't displayed properly on NetBSD, th=
ey
> appear grainy while using Netscape 4.78.
> Any suggestions?

You mean lower case characters? Have you tried changing fonts or, if
that's not enough, playing with the TrueType fonts installed on
your system? This is, properly, an XFree86 question, not a NetBSD
question.

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--wRokNccIwvMzawGl