Subject: Re: ASUS A7V-E boot hanging after the "biomask ..." line. Sigh.
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Johan Ihren <johani@autonomica.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/2001 15:56:30
Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 06:58:40PM +0200, Johan Ihren wrote:
> > Johan Ihren <johani@autonomica.se> writes:
> >
> > I've noticed that when a kernel reports
> >
> >          biomask ffc5 netmask ffe5 ttymask ffe7
> >
> > life is good, while, if it reports (for the same system)
> >
> >          biomask ef45 netmask ef65 ttymask ffe7
> >
> > It hangs, always like this:
> >
> > Xspllower(0,...,,,) at Xspllower+0xe
> > configure (...) at configure+0x5a
> > main(...) at main+0x360
>
> Can you perhaps disable a few devices and see if the kernel gets any
> further if you do this? Are there devices sharing the same IRQ?

Sorry about not getting back on this. I've had no opportunity to spend
time on this until recently. I removed a SCSI card and an audio card
but that didn't help. Then I updated everything (kernel, bootblocks,
MBR, etc) to modern stuff and now it works (even with the cards put
back in). No idea what fixed it, but yet not entirely unhappy.

Thanks,

Johan