Subject: Re: Simple FORTRAN Program
To: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/2001 10:40:08
	tempnam() is used to generate a temporary filename. Unfortunately
	it is subject to race conditions which could result in a program
	using it being abused (see tempnam(3)).

	My guess is the fortran compiler generates code that calls
	tempnam for scratch files, resulting in the linkage warning.
	(Its probably not smart enough to work out at compile time if
	the fortran program actually uses scratch files).

	If that is the case, g77 should probably be fixed, and may already
	be in a later version :)

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --