Subject: Re: trying to install PPPoE
To: Amit Kulkarni <amitkulz@hotmail.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/2001 11:42:47
On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:16:01PM -0500, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> Hello again folks:
>
> Sorry, but I am a newbie to NetBSD ...
> I isolated my problem as being that I am *not* supplying the correct network
> card location
> in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf , I am now setting it as /dev/fxp0 and there is no such
> thing over there in /dev

Network cards do not have /dev entries.  You should just specify "fxp0" as
the device.  (e.g. "ETH=fxp0" in pppoe.conf)  The "adsl-setup" script should
configure this all correctly for you.
Also, you need to create /etc/ifconfig.fxp0 with "up" as the only word in
the file.  (As Manuel mentioned earlier)

Then run "adsl-start", if it doesn't work, post the error messages you are
getting.

-Andrew