Subject: Re: hlds under NetBSD using Linux emulation.
To: Andrei Mikhaltsov <amgorb@ttk.ru>
From: Richard Pennington <rich@code.introl.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/2001 08:42:29
Hi,

[Comments below]

On Sunday 07 October 2001 08:18 am, Andrei Mikhaltsov wrote:
> Jarom?r Dolecek wrote:
> > Andrei,
> > do you have procfs mounted with option -o linux? Some programs require
> > this.
> >
> > Jaromir
>
> yes, i mounted it this way:
>
> #mount_procfs -o linux /proc /emul/linux/proc
>
> still it crashes.

I didn't have proc mounted before. I tried mounting it and
hl still worked.

> latest lines of kdump:
>
> 264 hlds_run GIO   fd 3 read 8 bytes
>         "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"
>     264 hlds_run RET   read 4096/0x1000
[snip]

> the executables are not broken, i am sure 100%
>
> Richard: what version of hlds do you run??

I'm running version 4.1.0.8 (the latest, I think).

> Can you describe,brief, how did you make this thing work? Any
> non-obvious tuning?

As I recall:

1. I pkg_add'd suse_linux-6.4.
2. I installed the hl binaries and put libhlwon.so in /emul/linux/lib.

I don't think I did anything else, but I may be forgetting something.

I'm running NetBSD 1.5.1, although I'm also running hl
on NetBSD 1.4.

What command line are you using to start hl?
I use:

./hlds_run  -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map de_rotterdam

and

./hlds_run -game tfc +maxplayers 16 +map casbah

-Rich