Subject: Re: Wireless lan
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2001 15:41:51
On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:19:14PM +1000, dkwok wrote:
> I am using Compaq WL110 with PCI card installed on my netbsd router. I
> know that with wiconfig it only does peer to peer mode and cannot do BSS
> mode (Acess Point mode). But with proper routing and perhaps with netbsd
> bridging functions, why do we need it run in BSS mode??

I have three NetBSD machines networked in adhoc mode and they work just
fine.  (Ie. just like they were on the same Ethernet segment, just a bit
slower.)

(However, it seems that the machines with the Lucent cards are the only
ones that NTP can't keep in sync with a time server.  I'm now sure if
this is because of the Lucent cards (or the driver), but AFAICT, that's
the only thing these machines have in common and the only thing that
is different from the machines that NTP _can_ keep in sync).

  -jm