Subject: Re: NetBSD weakness..
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: User Andrea <andrea@practive.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2001 12:41:01
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 04:51:45PM +0200, Andrea wrote:
> >
> > 2) Often i got a 'No More Process' error
>
> This means that there's something very, very wrong with your
> configuration; something (perhaps your login script?) is running a huge
> number of processes that don't exit.

What do you mean with 'huge'?
What's the maximum number of processes allowed in a standard NetBSD
installation?Can i change it at compile time?

'Cause my job i need a large number of terminal open at same time
(sometime > 300) is this a 'normal' number?

Another question about login ... When i need superuser privileges i
noticed that it's not fast as i was used with freebsd to switch from
'normal user' to root.After the password request it requires some
seconds to give me the shell prompt.
What's the exact sequence of process involved in  'su -' ?

P.S. Sorry for my english i hope you understand..:(