Subject: Re: one floppy router
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2001 13:59:40
>>> I remember that there was someone making a kind of a single floppy disk
>>> distribution to build a hd less dsl router with netbsd.

 There are instructions on the web site for making a bootable CD. If I find
some free minutes (and my notes) I'll post a list of the things I changed to
get rid of most of the error messages. There weren't any special tricks, you
just need to burn/boot/fix a few times until you get it right.

>> shouldn't be a problem. put init, /etc/rc, pppd, libraries, ifconfig, route,
>> ipf, sh, etc etc... to ffs image, compile kernel and put that ramdisk to
>> that kernel, gzip and put to floppy.
> Where can I ftp your 1.44MB image that does this?

 A basic install with your favorite packages will still leave hundreds of megs
free.