Subject: NetBSD weakness..
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrea <andrea@knute.cs.tin.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2001 16:51:45
HI All!

I recently installed NetBSD 1.5.1 on my workstation at job.
Before NetBSD , i used FreeBSD on the same machine .
As soon as i began using NetBSD i noticed something really strange.

1) My machine seems  slower than before( playing a small mpg is very slow).
2) Often i got a 'No More Process' error
3) Processes scheduling seem very poor (one intensive task ,like copying files from FTP ,can hang the machine for many minutes)

I already raised MAXUSER in kernel config to 256 and increased the pty number.
Anyone has suggestion to increment performamce ?

Thanks!