Subject: Re: Problem with Lucent Orinoco wireless on ThinkPad 760ED
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2001 08:59:33
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:

    > You need to bring up lo0 (with address 127.0.0.1) or sundry

Doh!  I don't know why i didn't think to make sure i do
everything /etc/rc.d/network does, but i've done that now.  I
even did all the IPv6 configuration just in case.  Still no luck
:(.  Tonight i'm going to spend some time with tcpdump on both
systems.  Hopefully someone else has an idea though...

    > network things will misbehave.  You need to create an
    > /etc/resolv.conf with the appropriate nameservice
    > configuration in it, or "ping" will pause for a Really Long
    > Time because it can't reverse-resolve the IP address you
    > feed it.

Nah, that's what the -n option is for.  I went ahead and setup
resolv.conf anyway, though.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr.
mailto:epg@pretzelnet.org <*> jabber:pretzelgod@jabber.org