Subject: Using AGP Aperature driver with a i810 - Can't get it to work.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2001 14:04:55
I've grabbed kernel source as of 20010926, and compiled in the AGP
Aperature code in the kernel. Here's the dmesg line:
	agp0 at pchb0: aperture at 0xf8000000, size 0x4000000
XFree86 4.1.0 identifies my chip as a i810-dc100

Frank van der Linden's /dev/agp code tests fine for this setup. However,
using XFree86-current results in a blank screen and a complete
kernel-level lock-up (the agpgart LKM, 1.5X, and XFree86 4.1.0 behaved
exactly the same way). I haven't tried getting a stack trace, although
I can if it'd help diagnosing this.

I've compiled NetBSD-current's xc (from 9/26), but its server so far says
	SVGA: PCI: Intel Unknown chipset (0x7121) rev 3, Memory @ 0xf8000000, 0xf4000000
even with i810 as the only device in the svga server. It also gives
	SVGA: error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO): Invalid argument
and dies. I assume this is because /dev/agp doesn't completely emulate
the agpgart interface.

Since my poor i810 doesn't even have enough get up & go to run as a
generic VGA without AGP memory, could someone help me figure out where
to go from here?

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   "We're the technical experts. We were hired so that management could