Subject: Re: nfs - export file
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/27/2001 14:29:53
On 27 Sep 2001, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

: > You may know more than I about the internal implementation of NFS on
: > Solaris 2, but *ignoring* the prospect of packet sniffers for a
: > moment, Solaris does indeed provide for differing hosts and options
: > per exported tree, not per host mountpoint.
:
: 1. Ignoring packet sniffers is not possible. At this point in time,
:    ignoring packet sniffers should be considered criminal negligence.

Then why do we offer the difference between exporting a directory and
exporting -alldirs?  (I have to agree with Greg Woods on this point; either
offer no option, or offer all options.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5.2 available on CD-ROM soon!  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/